Last Spring, we announced that Lucam Recorder was going to support The Imaging Source astronomy cameras. I am delighted to announce that Heiko Wilkens - the author of the software - contacted us recently to let us know that he has just released a new version of Lucam Recorder.
Lucam Recorder 2.2 supports the entire range of The Imaging Source USB 2.0 and FireWire cameras, including all astronomy and industrial cameras. According to his web site, Lucam Recorder is:
Professional image acquisition software for [The] Imaging Source [...] industrial and scientific cameras.
Below is a screenshot of the latest version:
The key features of Lucam Recorder include:
- Full support for The Imaging Source DMK, DFK and DBK camera series (FireWire and USB 2.0)
- Support for all dedicated camera properties, such as
- 16 bit pixel depth
- ROI sizing
- ROI positioning
- Frame rates
- Long time exposure
- Invention of the variable frame rate property to provide intuitive one slider access to the camera's entire range of exposure time
- Full integration of motorized and manual filter wheels including automated acquisition of spectral filters images sequences
- Fully automated image acquisition sessions, including slow motion and quick motion
- Continuing integration of user requested features
- Intuitive and convenient user interface
You can download the new version from Heiko's web site. You will need a test license before you can use the software. For more information, please take a look at the following pages:
We wish you all a lot of success with this new version of Lucam Recorder and send out a great thanks to Heiko for writing and publishing this software.
Please note that this blog post has just examined support for The Imaging Source cameras. Lucam Recorder also supports cameras from other manufacturers.